Saturday 24 August 2013

Goodbye Carlos!

Day 86 - 23 de Agosto: Mompiche to Mindo

Slept until just about 9am this morning. It's been nice to have these relaxing days, however i think my body is taking advantage of this as i've been tired on and off throughout the day, despite a full night of sleep. Anyway, today's breakfast was a huge buffet again. I would get incredibly fat if i stayed here a whole week. The food is really good. After breakfast, I met up in the lobby - I was scheduled for a free massage. I got my time slot, then went back to my room to pack my bags. At 11:20, i dropped my bags off in the lobby for check out, and walked across a bridge to a little island where the spa building was. I had never done anything like this, so I didn't really know what to expect. It was a half hour massage - it was nice and relaxing, but I couldn't see myself paying for one out of pocket. Maybe because I'm a guy. Afterwards, I met up in the lobby with everyone else. It was time to fully check out so I returned my bracelet and towel card. We were still able to eat here until two, so we all went for the lunch buffet. By the end, when everyone was back in the lobby, we had to say some goodbyes. Many people were going back to the worksite so it would be the last time we'd see them. After goodbye hugs and such, we loaded onto two separate busses and left the hotel. However at the first main intersection, our busses both decided to stop right in the middle. Out of nowhere appeared Carlos, our first and probably most amusing leader. He was with us for everything but med rotations and had disappeared for Mompiche. He told us that we had to say goodbye to him here too, so we all got off the bus in the middle of the intersection and gave him hugs goodbye. He was such a good guy - i'm glad he was our guide. The rest of the bus ride was really long. After so many of these in a row, i couldn't say i had the most pleasant disposition on the bus. We were all the same - just ready to get there and off this thing. 5 hours or so later, we arrived in Mindo. In the same hotel we were in before, we had dinner and hung out upstairs for a bit afterwards. I played jenga with a couple others, then was ready for bed quickly. Tomorrow we get to Quito, then the morning after, we fly to the Galapagos!



More of the all inclusive

No comments:

Post a Comment